Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Summer Days with Bella




Well life has gone back to normal now that Rick has gone back to school. I have been trying to find creative things for Bella and I to do while it is hot outside and I really have been coming up short! I have tried finger painting, dress up, and beauty parlor with her and for the most part the activities last, at most, about 10 minutes. It is amazing how long a day can be when naps are short and a whiny child sets in. She sure is cute though and is growing up so fast. Her vocabulary never ceases to amaze me. She is our little parrot now and we are really having to watch what we say. She just cracks me up with her smart Alec attitude and her independent spirit! We sure do love Bella!!!


I have received a new calling that I have been extremely nervous about with my lack of creative talent. I have been called as the Enrichment Leader and it has been so far a really fun experience. Last night we had to get our invitations ready for the upcoming activity and I think we spent about 1/2 hour on finishing the invitations and another 4 hours of talking. It was great. It is so nice to have adult conversations with my new calling instead of the last 3 years of talking to children (primary teacher).


I also have a confession to make! I apologize to all of you who I thought were dorks for reading "The Book". Yes I have fallen into the dorkiness of the Twilight Series and I must say I love it! I asked my sister if this would be a good thing considering that Rick does not have a romantic bone in his body, you know wondering if I would be mad at him for not doing the things that Edward does... But so far not bad and it is nice to finally have a book I truly enjoy. So my book choices of this summer would be these two:



I know that I am bias because one of the books is my dad's, but honestly I have really loved his books and they are really well written. He also has a medical mystery book that is really hard to put down. Take a look at his website at http://www.warrenstucki.com/ to see all of his books. The Twilight series are such girl books and that is why I have really enjoyed reading them. I was, however, extremely disappointed looking at the movie trailer. Could they have not found a cuter Edward??!!


Hope you all are doing great!




18 comments:

Erickson Fam said...

Yes last night was a blast and I think we have extremely important matters that we must discuss really soon! haha
You are great fun and I think you are doing a wonderful job as the Enrichment Leader!!

I totally agree, I think Edward looks like a wimp in the movie. I guess perfection is hard to cast for?

Erickson Fam said...

Oh, Bella looks really cute too. I love her dancing at the end..
(I forgot to comment on that part - oops)

Trisha said...

Welcome to the dark side of Twighlight!! I really did not think that I would like the books but they are very addicting. I love all the pictures you post of Bella she seems like a fun little girl.

Jaime said...

That is so cool that your dad writes books! I'll have to check them out --- medical mysteries?? Bryan might enjoy a copy of those! Your little Bella looks SO grown up in that little dress!

Lisa said...

I think Bella looks so old in those first couple of pictures! She is looking less like a baby and more like a little girl. We definitely need to get together soon!

Bodie_Millie_McKenzie said...

Bella is so cute! She is looking very grown up. Now you are to the hard part...watching what you say around her. I know how you have quite the potty mouth!J/K. I am with you on the Twilight books. I thought they sounded so stupied, but are very addicting. Love and miss you guys.

Katie said...

okay, first off- Twighlight? Icky,Kelly! Second. I love Bella's painted toes. How did you get her to sit still though?

Andrews Family said...

I totally got sucked in also! I thought I'd never read them, but as I'm writing this my 4th book is downstairs waiting for me on the couch now that the kids are alseep...I can't wait...better go!

Annilee said...

Kelly, I am so sad that I didn't get to see you while I was in Dallas, Bella is so big and I would have loved to see her! Also, you will do fabulous as Enrichment leader, you are creative and you should feel confident! Hope to see you soon!

Amy said...

First of all, the twilight books? Kelly, come on!

Bella is talking so much and looking so grown up these days!

Enrichment leader, huh? That's a good calling for you, you need to reach deep and find your creative side!! Ha!

You know I love ya! Miss you guys!

Tiffany Webber said...

who are all these people making fun of you for reading the twilight books?? I love them!! I can't believe Bella is getting so big! And she can say so many things!! I miss her! I'm gald you are finally out of Primary! Enrichment Leader would be such a fun calling!

Rach said...

Great post, Kel- I love the painted toes- Lucy loves having her nails painted because I forced it on her when she was younger. :-)
I can't wait to get back, although I'm scared to see how my running will be with you...

Collin & Liana Kraus said...

Ah Twilight!!! I'm so happy you have crossed over!!! As far as Edward goes, I like him more and more. Have you watched the trailer on the "Penelope" DVD?? He grows on you. And I agree with somebody that commented-I think perfection must be hard to cast!!! We need to get together soon. I love to hear Bella talk!!! Kids are so great!!!! You're a champion, you are such a good mommy-you come up with so many fun things to do with her!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ah, Kelly - I too just broke down and bought Twilight. I'm so not into those books, but I haven't heard one bad thing about them! P.S. I love Bella and her little toenails! So cute!

paige said...

Hey Kelly i couldn't agree with you more about a cuter Edward! but great addicting books! Bella is so cute she is growing so fast well in pictures at least one of these days i will see her in person!Hey check out sugardoodle for enrichment ideas!
im the second counselor and that web site has helped with a few ideas! good luck!

The Warren Family said...

love the toenails! aren't girls fun?! good luck with the new calling. you'll be awesome!

BMDM! said...

I just finished the last book about an hour ago and I love it too! I guess I have been doing too much reading. When I opened your blog Drew saw the cover to twilight and said,"Mommy's book". I am glad to have it all read, but now I think Drew will be even more happy that it's over...well, until the movie anyway. I agree with you on the Edward thing. I think they could have found a cutier and more muscular Edward. The Edward I created in my head will never exist.
Glad to see you all doing well.

Love ya,

Melissa, Brian and Drew

Robyn said...

I agree with you. I don't think that Edward is very cute. Not what I had imagined as I was reading it. Your little girl is so cute. I didn't know you dad wrote books!