Saturday, May 8, 2010

Lola










Lola Leigh Larson was born on May 2, 2010 at 7:40 p.m. She weighed 7 lbs 11 oz and was 22 inches long. She was born with a little brown hair and it is curly on top. She looks a lot like Bella did when Bella was born. She was such a good baby at the hospital and we were thinking for sure that she was going to be an easy baby and so far...she really has. She does get a little fussy at night, but nothing like Bella. We will see once we hit the two week mark. That is when the protein allergy usually manifests itself. We will keep our fingers crossed.
Bella has been really good with Lola. I think that she was a little disappointed that Lola couldn't come out and play with her (even after much discussion of how Lola was just a baby and wouldn't be able to do much). She loves to tickle Lola's toes and play peek-a-boo with her. She does not like it when Lola cries and tells me continuously "stop her crying". Other than that she is somewhat disinterested and only checks in on her every once in awhile.
My mom was here to help and she was awesome. She took the night shift so that I could recover and get some rest before she left. She was so great to have here. She left today and I am somewhat sad to see my helper go. Thanks mom for all of your help!
I am doing pretty well and am definitely much less anxious with this one. I remember with Bella being extremely anxious and nervous. I am grateful that it is not that way with this one. Rick has been doing well too and has already gone into protective dad mode :). These two girls definitely have him wrapped around their little fingers.
Hope everyone is doing well!

9 comments:

Lisa said...

I am so happy for you guys! It is amazing how much she looks like Bella as a newborn--at least from the pictures. They are definitely related! I hope things continue to go well for you guys and you dodge the allergy bullet this time. But if not, it must be because the Lord knows you can handle it beautifully again like you did last time. You are a beautiful mother, Kell! Have a wonderful mothers day tomorrow snuggling that sweet baby!

Katrina and David said...

Congrats guys! She's beautiful!

Russ and Megan said...

YAY! I was hoping you would post some pictures soon! She's so cute!! I love baby Lola already and love her name! Oh I can't wait to see her! And don't worry Kenz still prays every night that Brinley will "grow up soon" so they can play. :) Oh so fun! Congrats you guys!

Natallee said...

Congrats!! WE are SOOO happy for you! I also saw Bella's pictures on Suzanne's website- they are GORGEOUS!!

Andrews Family said...

That's awesome Kelly! Congratulations! I was also thinking she looks just like Bella did as a baby. You guys look great!

¨*:·.TIFF.·:*¨ said...

she looks like bella exactly! i am so excited for you guys. i have to agree that the second one does not seem nearly as stressful as the first was (and still is! haha).
How did you get to have bella in the room with you?
congratulations momma! happy mother's day. i can't wait to meet lola, she is beautiful.

The Dorny Family said...

I think Lola looks just like Bella, too. I can't wait to hear more about her, and I will pray that the protein allergies aren't a factor.

Erickson Fam said...

she is beautiful! I'm so happy for your family.

LACY said...

Congrats she is a doll, love her name too.