Friday, March 7, 2008

Snow Day




This week has been a very long week. Bella became very ill on Tuesday and had to be taken to the hospital. It was awful not only for her, but for me keeping her entertained for three hours. She is doing so much better now, and is finally sleeping a little. This week has also been a strange week out here in Dallas. We have had two snow days. This never happens here and yesterday we decided to take advantage of it and take Bella sledding. Well she hated every moment of it, which really disappointed her dad. But it was fun to get dressed up in snow gear and it reminded us of our many years in Salt Lake.

Bella is as crazy as ever. She really is a climber and likes to be adventurous. Yesterday, I always know that she is into trouble when she is silent. The first incident happened in the morning when I hadn't heard much from her and went to go check on her. Well she was sitting up on her toy box just chillin'. Are you wondering how she got up there?? Well she pushed the glider ottoman over to the toy box and then climbed upon that to get up there. The next incident was only about an hour later. Again there was silence and so I went to check on her. Well this time she had opened up the dryer door and had climbed into the dryer and was just sitting in there in her clothes and throwing them out. She is quite the "Curious George". She does make me laugh and never ceases to amaze me with her creativity.


Bella raiding the fridge.

Her infamous bed head after naps.

10 comments:

Amy said...

Snow?! In Dallas?! I can't believe it, but I'm glad to not see you in shorts and a t-shirt for a day or two! That did make me feel pretty good :) I also like your "make-shift" sled, pretty crafty of you!

I do hope Bella is okay, what was she sick from?

Bodie_Millie_McKenzie said...

How funny, pics of the park and then a few days later, pics of the snow. I'm glad Bella is doing better, what was wrong with her?

You are going to have your hands full with her because she'll probably just get even more adventurous as she gets older!

Tiffany Webber said...

I can't believe this snow! It is crazy! I am so glad that Bella is doing better. I was so worried about her - and you! My sister is coming into town on Monday so we should all get together and do something if Bella is feeling good enough! Talk to you soon!

¨*:·.TIFF.·:*¨ said...

Thanks for the info about being able to leave a comment! I am excited to finally be able to comment on your fun stories. I love that you were just taking Bella to the park and now you are sledding! (Don't worry Sophia hated sledding too.)
MOVE BACK TO SL!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly
How are you surviving? It is soooo tiring and stressful dealing with a sick kid. Is Bella feeling better?
I love seeing all the pics of Bella.
My friend has been trying to help me set up a blogspot for a while - I just haven't had time - you have now inspired me. How fun to get snow that only lasts a few days - that is the only way I like snow!
Love you guys
Cari

Rach said...

I'm glad Bella is feeling better and I am so impressed by her climbing! Lucy misses her - hopefully we can get together soon!

Lindsay said...

seriously now...I LOVE THIS LITTLE GIRLS FACE!

Katie said...

So sad the baby was sick. What was wrong with her? Snow, that totally sucks. I hate that cold crap. Hope Bella is feeling better and getting into mischief soon.

The Warren Family said...

I love to see how excited you Texans get about snow! We are all snowed out here in Nebraska. We are ready to see more green and less white. Glad you had fun!

The Dorny Family said...

I'm glad Bella is OK. Was it an allergic reaction?

I'm so glad I don't live in Dallas...snow? Thanks for the false advertising. We don't get much snow in Pittsburgh. Freezing rain, rain every day, total cloud cover, and hail, yes, but snow. You must hate Dallas:)!