Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Two Weeks Vacation


What a great vacation we had!!! We flew into Salt Lake on July 13th where we had so much fun visiting with family and friends. Bella got a kick out of going to the Gateway and playing in the synchronized water fountain. She loves the water and takes advantage by jumping in any chance she gets. Rick got to go on his yearly waterski trip with his grandparents and was dead for days later. I was glad to see some of my friends, unfortunately we missed some of our friends because of the short time we were there. Bella was excited to see her grandparents and also had a fun time at the Old Spaghetti Factory. She likes spaghetti a lot.

We then journeyed down to St. George to spend a few days with my family. Bella was a little shy around her cousins at first, but it didn't take long before she started going crazy with them. She absorbed all of the attention and it seemed as though she had a crush on Cole :)! Her older cousins took such good care of her and she loved every minute of it. We also went up to my dads house and got to swim in their fun pool. Bella loves to swim and also to be dunked. This is very weird considering that I hate being dunked and I don't really love swimming under water. She definitely gets that from her dad. She loved going down my dads slide and I have attached a video of her going down it.

Next, we took off to Disneyland. To be honest I was a little concerned about taking Bella to Disneyland, but to our surprise she really enjoyed it!!! She had such a great time and was not fussy at all. There was so much to do and honestly I could have stayed another day there. Rick was in heaven at the Princess Luncheon that we went to. Mostly because the princesses were all really pretty and they just loved the loving dad image Rick was putting off :). Belle even called Rick her Beast. Isn't that the truth??!!

Bella loved the beach and playing in the sand. It was such a relaxing day. What more could you ask for on your birthday Disneyland and the beach. Great day!! The day before we left we went to Legoland. Not such an enjoyable experience. Bella was tired and had gotten sick with a cough and a runny nose. She pretty much whined and cried the whole time there. We took off early from that park and to be honest I would have rather done one more day at Disneyland. Sunday we headed home and Bella surprised us by sleeping 2 1/2 hours of the 3 hour flight. Are we lucky or what??!! The transitioning back to normalcy has gone a lot better then expected. Bella does miss her cousins and the fun that they had, but the sleep has been much better!

Thanks to our families for such a wonderful trip and Mom thank you so much for the great time in California. You made the trip so much fun and what a great time we had spending it with our family! Thanks for the memories. We love you all and miss you all!!

15 comments:

Amy said...

It looks like you had a great time! I am so glad that Bella loved Disneyland, that's awesome! Sorry again that we missed seeing you, but hopefully soon! I hope you had a great b-day!

Becky Jorgensen said...

what a fun trip!! Jealous haha I love Gateway and California. I'm glad you had so much fun! See ya Sunday!

paige said...

Looks like you had a blast! love the leash! How was a toddler at Disneyland? We are debating on taking our 2 year old in Oct. Help?
I love seeing all the pictures and updates- keep it up!

The Dorny Family said...

Sounds like we're having a similar trip...just a couple weeks later and in reverse. We didn't hit Legoland...but I bet you didn't get a 5.8 earthquake!! Too bad we missed you. We miss you guys.

Rach said...

I'm so glad it was fun- looks like Bella was a great sport for it! Good! Sorry about this morning- looking forward (sort of) to our run tomorrow. :-D

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

What a fun trip! I always love going back west to see family and friends.
We are big fans of the Gateway fountains as well. =)

Robyn said...

Isn't it fun to be home again? My kids never sleep good on vacation. Disneyland is so much fun with kids.
Looks like your having a fun summer.

The Warren Family said...

Bella is such a cutie! I love the pigtails. Looks like you had a great vacation!

WhitParks said...

Glad you made it back. Can't wait to play soon. Love that cute Bella and love that she loves the water!

Katie said...

Your disneyland sounds better than ours. Ella didnt like the rides so much and if she wasnt alseep she was screaming or wanting to be held... Glad your trip was fun!

Trisha said...

I am sorry I missed you. Also happy birthday on the 25th!! I have been out of town for awhile and I have not been close to a computer so I hope you had a great 30th birthday. Can you believe we are 30!?

Tiffany Webber said...

It looks like you had so much fun!! I'm still sad I didn't get to see you though! :( I know how it is when your days are packed though! But you better come see me at Christmas time or I will cry! I can't wait till Kaden is old enough to take him to Disneyland! I'm so glad Bella liked it! Especially since you were kind of nervous! She so cute! I just love her! And I miss you guys too!

Tiffany Webber said...

Also... Happy Birthday! Does that make you 30?? I hope you had a great day!!

Russ and Megan said...

Looks like a lot of fun Kelly! I am glad the trip went well and that Bella had fun as well! I have to agree Disneyland and the beach on your birthday is pretty good! ;) Kenzie has been asking for you guys constantly....we need to play soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm glad that Bella had so much fun at Disneyland!!! I love your pictures with all the Disney Princesses! I'm glad you had such a fun trip!