Monday, July 7, 2008

Summer Days





Last week was a really fun week. Since it has been so hot out here we try to find ways to have fun while still beating the heat. It's been 100+ several times. On Monday a group of us decided to go to the mall and let the kids go wild at the play area. What I love about Texas is that it is very family oriented, there are lots of kid friendly things to do such as play areas, great parks, and fun kid places to go. The malls out here have a play gym area that has slides, cars, trucks and all kinds of other contraptions. This makes a great indoor and air conditioned escape. Great idea right?! On Tuesday we went to the Lewisville community pool that has fun little kid areas that are made for toddlers and babies. Bella had such a blast and loved going down the water slide with me (even though I got injured on the toddler slide :)). Wednesday we went to a free petting farm down in Irving and it was perfect for Bella! She loves animals and was excited to be able to pet the goats, rabbits, cows, and deer! On Thursday, Rick and I took Bella down to the aquarium again, but it was very short lived because Bella had missed a nap and was not a happy camper. Friday was Independence Day and we headed on over to our friend's house for a bbq and some swimming. It was very fun as Bella has really taken a liking to the water. She loves to go underwater and jump from the side of the pool to me. She is definitely a water baby! Saturday we got to go to a 1st birthday party for Bella's friend Lilly! Lilly was so cute in her b-day outfit and Bella just loved to play with all the Balloon's. It was such a fun week and now we have less than a week before we head off to Utah and California! How quickly this summer is flying by!

Rick is staying really busy with school and he is really excited to be a fourth year! In less than one year he will be an actual dentist! I won't know what to think after we have been professional students for so long!

I am still waking up at 5:40 am to go running with a group of friends. We are training for a 10k in September and then possibly a half marathon in October! I have never been a fan of running, but it is growing on me!

Hope you all are having a great summer!

11 comments:

Amy said...

Half marathon?! What are you, crazy or something?! I thought we were just amateurs but you are definitely kicking it up a few knotches!! Good luck with that!

Bella looks adorable, I love the pic of her in front of the farmer outfit! Looks like you had a fun week. We can't wait to see you guys!

Becky Jorgensen said...

It looks like you guys had sucha fun week last week. I cant believe how big Bella's getting. I love her little pigtails. Ok and I am so proud of you for training for the 10K. That is so awesome!! Go Kelly!!

Russ and Megan said...

Yea! I love summer! I need to hear about your slide injury. :) We are going to miss you guys while you're gone!!

Erickson Fam said...

Wow, a marathon - holy cow! Good for you!
You're right, it's amazing how many cheap family friendly things there are to do around here. I'm glad that you're enjoying your summer.

Have a fun vacation!! (Connor is going to miss you :(

Trisha said...

Sounds like Bella keeps you busy!! I don't remember you being a huge fan of running, I am the same way, so congratulations!! Maybe we will see you when you come for a visit :) Give me a call if you have a free minute while your here.

Becky Jorgensen said...

your so funny! we're staying in the ward, just moving to the crescent cove apartments for probably a year till we move back to Utah.

Tiffany Webber said...

Sounds like you have been having lots of fun! I already miss you! I wish I was having fun with you! I hope you can come see us when you come to Utah!! The pictures you took of Bella and I before we left are so cute! I'll send them to you when I get them downloaded! I am so impressed that you are still getting up so early to run! That is so awesome! Good for you!!

Amy said...

Yo, k-dawg! Give me a call ASAP, so we can chat about our adventures. I have a question for ya, and you don't check your email!

Katie said...

Looks like you guys are having fun! I love Bella's shoes, those are so cute! I, too, am impressed with your jogging ambitions. Good luck!

The Dorny Family said...

I'm thinking...overachiever. Way to make the rest of us feel like chubby loser moms. I rarely get the kids out of the house before 1 or 2 in the afternoon, limit them to 1 outing per week, and only take them swimming (I never get in the water myself...too cold) when I can't stand one more day of begging. I never exercise, and the thought of running sounds worse than swimming. I'm quite envious of your energy...and the trip your taking to SG. I'm right behind you, though.

paige said...

You are awesome! go for the half it will be a blast-may i suggest the gew-packets! You have a darling daughter- cute little family!