Friday, June 20, 2008

Dallas World Aquarium






So we just love the annual pass that we got to the Dallas World Aquarium! Bella and I took an adventure down there and Rick met us there during his 1 hour lunch break (his dental school is super close to the aquarium so that is so nice). Bella loves it there and especially loves the floor to ceiling aquarium that holds the manatees, catfishes, and huge sea turtles. She just chases them around and it is so fun to watch her point at them and laugh when they get close to her. As you can tell there are hardly any pictures of her actually looking at me, because she is just too busy checking out the animals. It is so fun, I am so glad that we got this pass (thanks for your contribution Sean and Cari :)). These pictures are from the two times that we have been down there with our pass. As you can tell in the pics, those striped pink shorts on Bella are super tight. Yes our 14 month old is in 2T's and right now she is growing so fast that I am not sure if I want to spend too much money on getting her a lot of new clothes :)! I know...I am mean.

We are so excited for our trip to Utah and California in a couple of weeks! I must say I am a little nervous about Disneyland, but as much as I hate to admit this and be THAT parent, I did get Bella a backpack leash. I just know how much she loves to run and break free of her parents so I decided that was the best bet to let her have some freedom, but also be attached to us. Anyways, I am sure that I will have pictures of Bella on a leash so I am sure you all will be looking forward to that. Let me know, all of you that have been there, what rides I can take a 15 month old on. Any suggestions would be great. Talk to you all soon!

15 comments:

Amy said...

She is so cute! I still can't get over how big she is getting!

Does that mean you are ready for #2yet?!

Call me or email me if you want to chat about your trip to Disneyland. There are so many fun rides that she can go on, and I bet she will love it, especially since she seems so adventurous!

Tiffany Webber said...

I LOVE Bella in pig tails!! She is so stinkin cute!! I feel very special that she likes me and give me hugs and kisses when I come over! What can I say??? I guess I'm just lovable! Oh, and your new haircut is really cute! You must have an awesome hairdresse *wink* I love the Dallas World Aquarium! That's awesome you got passes! What a fun lunch break for Rick to take with you! I wish there had been something fun to go to by Jordan'school! Strip Clubs and Bars just aren't really a place you want to visit on a lunch break with a baby. Or without a baby for that matter!

Rach said...

It looks so fun! I hope we're going this week...we'll talk soon. :-D Lucy & Bella will have a great time, I'm sure!

Russ and Megan said...

I'm glad the aquarium is a hit for you guys! Its always nice to find something to do that they love! Also cool that Rick was able to make it over and play.
Really Kelly...a leash? :)I could never put one of those on my kids. :) LOL. In all honesty I am pretty sure my little sister always had leash on, and I think its great idea for you guys considering Bella's explorative personality. Disneyland is just one of those places you don't want to take any chances, and obviously the day will go a lot better if you can keep the child a little bit happy, and not stuck in a stroller all day. :)

Erickson Fam said...

Bella is so cute! I have lived here for many many years and haven't been to the Dallas World Aquarium - guess I need to add that on my list of places to go!

Way fun!

Anonymous said...

Ah, Bella is a little marine biologist in the making! Buying season passes to the aquarium is such a great idea! We need to do that. I love how you can put little pigtails in her hair! So cute! I'm still waiting for Hayley's hair to grow long. About Disneyland, we went for Hayley's 1st birthday. She loooved it! I think her favorite ride was Finding Nemo! I think Bella will love it too because of all the great underwater fish! We rode everything but the big rides. Toon Town has a great toddler play area for the kiddos to romp around on the ground. Give me a call and I'll give you some more great tips. We also stayed at the Anaheim Sheraton. They have great rates, it was recently renovated, and it's within walking distance of the maingates.
Linsey

P.S. I have an older blog about our trip if you want to check it out.

BMDM! said...

I can't belive how big she has gotten. She is soooo cute!!!! I hope to see you when you come to utah. Are you coming to slc?

Miss ya tons!

Melissa

LACY said...

I love that you got a back pack leash. I've always wanted one!
Have fun on your trip!!!

Jaime said...

Love all the pictures! I've been out of town, so it was fun to catch up and see them all...isn't going to the zoo with your kids the best? I didn't so much enjoy it as a kid, but as a mom watching your animal crazy kids love it...the best!

Unknown said...

Hey Girl!
My kids just loved looking at the pics/video of Bella with the animals. They were so completely jealous. Call me when you're in town!

Katie said...

does she have real live piggy tails? im so jealous!

Stevens Family said...

Cute pictures. And have fun in Disneyland, sorry I can't help with rides my boys were stuck on Star Wars and Buzz Lightyear. I'm sure Bella will love all the princess stuff though. I can't wait to see her in one of those little gowns. Have fun and take lots of pics.

Lindsay said...

Sorry I haven't been on for a while. Bella is getting bigger...and still has the cutest puffy cheeks I have ever seen!

Unknown said...

Hey Kelly-
Will you ask Jana if I can access her blog...its set to private. Thanks Holly

Email - hollypitcher@msn.com

The Warren Family said...

love the pigtails. she is such a cutie!