Friday, February 15, 2008

HELP!!



Okay so I love my daughter a lot, but recently she has become a real pill (my mom's saying)!! I need help from all of you experienced mothers. So here is my problem. Bella is now 10 months old and has become very clingy and whiney as well as disinterested in food. I can hardly put her down lately to play on the floor and when I do she will just cry hysterically until I pick her up. Like yesterday for example, she has never been afraid of the vacuum, but when I brought it out she started crying and shaking. Is this normal?? Also with the eating thing, she used to love eating (as you can tell) and just recently she will spit out her food and close her mouth real tight so that nothing can get in. She does this with her fruits as well and she used to eat those within seconds. Now it literally takes over an hour to feed her which I don't like to do. Have any of you gone through this? Can you tell me what is going on or some advice on how to handle it? I am already not a patient person and she was so good with entertaining herself before that it is driving me crazy! HELP! Can I really have more than one child??!!

On another fun note, Valentines was a bust. I spent it alone with my cats (totally sound like an old cat lady don't I). Rick said he was at the library studying for a big test he had today, but it sounds kind of fishy to me :)! So I watched deal or no deal and ate the desert that I made (pretty much half of the cake). He did get the usual flowers and I really nice card so I did forgive him. I hope that all of you had a Happy Valentine's Day! Bella thanks the grandparents for the great Valentine's.

8 comments:

Katie said...

well, old cat lady, I have heard that kids only need like 2 tablespoons of food per day. I dont really know if there is any truth to this, but that's what I tell my self when my kids wont eat. I hate the whiney stage...maybe she's not feeling well? Both my kidlets are snot machines at the moment. Hope it gets better..

Amy said...

I am no parental expert by any means, but both my girls went through both stages, not wanting to play alone and not wanting to eat. As long as Bella is eating something and getting nutrition, she will be fine. What she doesn't eat one day, she will make up for on another. The clingy stage is tough, but it does get better! As long as you don't hold her 24/7 you will be a-okay! Good luck!

Bodie_Millie_McKenzie said...

Kelly, what are you talking about? Of course you are a perfect parent! My doctor told me not to force Mckenzie to eat and that she'll eat when she's hungry. Last night for example, all she ate for dinner was a nutrigrain bar, and for breakfast this morning, she ate a couple bites of a cinnamon roll. I'm with Amy, it will get better!!!!

The Dorny Family said...

Kelly,

Matt is going to be 3 in June...and he is still so clingy. It drives me nuts. Both Jane and Matt are food fussies (my mother-in-law's term) as well. It seems like it all might get worse before it gets better...I try to always remember that nothing lasts forever. She'll grow out of it. As for Valentine's Day...I'm on Rick's side. I want him to be a well-qualified/experienced practitioner (on the chance my under-educated husband works with him some day :)). One holiday at your expense means nothing to me. Just kidding. Sorry is was a bust.

Collin & Liana Kraus said...

Okay so I have no pearls of wisdom with the eating or clingy-ness...but Collin was studying for the same test and I didn't spend Valentines with my hubby either!! Stupid school!!! :)

BMDM! said...

I know what you are going through. When Drew was teething he wouldn't eat a lot and he became very needy. It drove me nuts but I at the end of the day it felt good to be needed so much. It will get better. When I use the vacuum I put him on the couch and give him his bear so he feels safe and just do it really fast. It's ok to have them cry, it's hard, I know. I hope this helps. Try some teething numbing stuff and hang in there! Love ya,
Melissa

Lindsay said...

Bellazilla is awesome! When my kids act up I just hit them real hard a few times, withhold food, call them some not-so-nice words, abandon them at the grocery store, then run over all their toys with the lawn mower as I make them watch...however, I have not had the best of results with this tactic. You may want to try a more patient approach and just be consistent with whatever you choose.

Me and The Boys said...

Hey Kelly- Isn't blogging crazy. You find all kinds of people you haven't seen forever. I love it! I am so glad you left a comment. Your daughter is so dang cute. I can only hope my next ones a girl!