Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Ode to Utah



So even though I love the Dallas weather and also living in the same city as the Dallas Cowboys, I have been missing home just a little bit. Here is my top reasons that I miss home and the top reasons that I don't.




Miss...


1. I miss family (of course) and your right Amy I do miss my friends a lot too :)!

How could I not miss these guys!!


2. I miss the mountains. I hate when spring and fall come around and it is tornado season. Not so fun to hear the sirens go off and also living on the 3rd floor of an apartment.


3. I miss Pizza Factory, Pasta Factory, Cafe Rio, The spaghetti Factory, Paula's (I know I am weird, but they have good beans and salsa...Oh and they have that delicious orange delight), and Nielsen's Frozen Custard. And now I hear about an In & Out coming to St. George... looking forward to my visits so I can go there too!


4. I miss feeling like I am normal :).


5. I miss it only taking fifteen minutes to get wherever you need to get.

6. I miss watching the news and having the first 20 minutes be about a cute dog that saved a turtles life and not be about all of the murders that have happened over night (Ahh Dallas one of the most violent cities :) ).

Don't miss...
1. I don't miss Salt Lake winters!!
2. I don't miss brushing off snow and then scraping off my windshield in a skirt in -10 degree temperatures.
3. I don't miss St. George traffic where some people think that even though the speed limit says 40 mph it really means 25 mph.
4. I don't miss seeing the injury lawyer ad that says "One call that's all" by that weirdo lawyer.
5. I do not miss Utah's construction on roads that takes over 4 years to complete a 1 mile section.

6 comments:

Amy said...

I think you forgot to mention that you miss your AWESOME friends in Utah, didn't you?! :) We sure miss you! And I miss the St.George Pizza Factory too, it's so much better than any other!!

LACY said...

Love your love lists. It's fun to be around family, that's why I am still here. Your don't love list was hilarious too, I agree with you.

Amy said...

Thanks for the correction! Even though I knew the truth anyway! Love ya!

Katie said...

Not to make you totally jealous but here in Vegas we have a great miltitute of In'n Outs. We are Cafe Rio and A Neilson' Custard, which it THE BEST ever! I can relate about no puppys saving turtles, our news is usually depressing and scary too.

Unknown said...

I was totally laughing out loud! I just love your lists! I can't wait for you to get back here!

Jaime said...

You make me homesick---I think, I don't miss any of those things either, but I am looking forward to sunshine & Costco too!