Monday, January 28, 2008

Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

I was so sad to hear the news of Pres. Hinckley's passing, but at the same time I think of his love for his wife and am so glad that they are together again. It makes me ponder about my love for Rick and how I am truly grateful for eternal families. Pres. Hinckley was a testimony to the truthfulness of this church. Even through my past inactivity and wondering whether or not this church was where I belonged, I always knew that Pres. Hinckley was a man of God. I am so grateful for his work and service for this church. He was everything that I needed in a prophet; he was caring, kind, light hearted, and spiritual. I loved hearing him speak and knowing that somewhere in his talk he would make me laugh. I loved when he spoke of his love for his wife and how it made me want my marriage to be like that. I remember when he spoke in the Dixie Center in St. George. I had purposely pretended that I knew how to sing so that I could be closer to him in the building. When he walked in using his cane and had his wife by him, I had chills and had a confirmation that he was a prophet of God. I will truly miss him. He definitely was a prophet for my generation.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

I agree completely, for some reason I just never thought of him as one day not being here, he always looked so good.

Tiffany Webber said...

It was fun to do visiting teaching at your house for lunch and talk about our dear prophet. Thanks for being such a great friend to me Kelly. You are a great person and I am so glad to have you in my life! I just love you! Can I stay at your house for 12 hours everyday? It made my day a lot funner and it went by faster! Two weeks seems so long! Ahhhh!

The Dorny Family said...

President Hinckley has been such an influence in so many of our lives. He is the first prophet that I can really remember listening to and thinking this is God's mouthpiece, and yet he was so down to earth, funny, and real. He always made me want to do more and be better.